As a head start teacher I am always on the lookout for ways to get my students interested and involved in their learning, and I get so excited when I find a new way to inspire them. My latest discovery was a book called Fairy Science by Ashley Spires. I was flipping through books at my local library looking for a few books for another project when this book caught my eye. Of course STEAM is always a big topic in classrooms, even in my class of three and four year old students. So a book with a fairy on the cover and little science lab equipment on the cover made me stop flipping through books and take a closer look. After reading I was even more excited to share this book with my class, and will absolutely be ordering this book to have a copy to keep in my classroom.
This book is a full of so many lessons, which I love because when my students find a book they like it is not unusual for them to ask me to read the same book everyday multiple times a day for weeks! I don't really mind rereading the same book over and over because to me it just shows that I have found books that my students enjoy and hopefully will instill in them a love of books and learning.
Fairy Science will provide multiple learning opportunities for my class. Of course the book is about science and teaches students about the scientific method and how science can help us to solve problems and answer questions, but it is also teaches about how it is ok for people to have different ideas or opinions. Books that teach my students about diversity and how to get along with others are always a huge bonus in my opinion.
Fairy Science would make a great addition to any young classroom or child's personal library especially those ages 3-8. It will teach them to love science as well as how it is ok to be different from your peers and you can still be friends. I highly recommend this book!
Fairy Science will provide multiple learning opportunities for my class. Of course the book is about science and teaches students about the scientific method and how science can help us to solve problems and answer questions, but it is also teaches about how it is ok for people to have different ideas or opinions. Books that teach my students about diversity and how to get along with others are always a huge bonus in my opinion.
Fairy Science would make a great addition to any young classroom or child's personal library especially those ages 3-8. It will teach them to love science as well as how it is ok to be different from your peers and you can still be friends. I highly recommend this book!

Having taught three and four-year-olds myself, I can see why you were intrigued with this book. The curiosity of children at these ages is so underestimated by many, it is great to see that you are stoking that curiosity through introducing great children's books. It will be interesting to see if the children start doing science experiments with their blocks or other imaginative materials. If you haven't seen it yet, you will want to check out "The Most Magnificent Thing" by the same author. This introduces inventions and engineering. I saw it used in a science lesson with older children and their response was terrific.
ReplyDelete